Gylon® 3504 is a highly compressible grade of Gylon®, comprising PTFE with a filler of glass microspheres. It is blue in colour.
Garlock Sealing Technologies' unique Gylon® manufacturing process retains all the positive characteristics of PTFE, but minimises or eliminates the creep and flow problems associated with conventional PTFE products.
This highly-compressible modified-PTFE material is designed for applications where efficient flange sealing is required at low bolt loads. It is recommended for use with glass-lined, enamelled or plastic flanges in the chemical, pharmaceutical, food orocessing, and electronics sectors.
- Resists a wide range of chemicals.
- Highly compressible with excellent bolt-load retention.
- Improved performance over conventional PTFE.
- Outstanding dimensional stability.
- Resists wear and abrasion.
- Conforms to FDA requirements.
- Meets USP requirements.
- Meets food contact to EC Regulation 1935-2004.
- Conforms to ABS (American Bureau of Shipping) requirements.
- TUV certified in accordance with TA-Luft/VDI 2440.
- ASTM F104 Line call out: F456999A9B7E99K3M6.
- Resistant to moderate concentrations of acids, some caustics, solvents, hydrocarbons, hydrogen peroxide, refrigerants, and cryogenics.
- Will not burn.
- Will not support bacterial growth.
Density, Mg/m³: 1.70 (ASTM D792)
Transverse tensile strength, MPa: 13.8 (ASTM F152)
Modulus at 100% elongation, MPa: 10.3 (ASTM D1708)
Compressibility, %: 25-45 (ASTM F36)
Recovery, %: 30 (ASTM F36)
Gas permeability, ml/min: <0.015 (DIN 3535-4)
Temperature range (continuous operation): -268°C to +260°C
Maximum working pressure: 5.5MPa/55bar.
Precision cut gaskets to any shape, size or quantity. Also in sheet form to maximium size 1.5m x 1.5m. Thicknesses: 0.8mm, 1.0mm, 1.6mm, 2.0mm. Please note that 3.2mm is also available, but is not recommended.