This page is about privacy on the website. This is one of the three pages detailing our legal notices:
Information we may collect, hold and process about you
We may collect, hold and process the following data about you...
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Your vehicle registration when you visit our premises.
- CCTV images when you visit our premises.
- We may from time to time also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is purely for system administration and for internal reporting purposes. It is statistical data about our site users’ browsing actions and patterns.
Where we store your personal data
Uses made of your personal data, and our lawful basis for processing it
We use information held about you in the following ways, which form our legitimate interests in processing your personal data...
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may be of interest to you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- If you visit our premises, to manage the safety and security of visitors, our staff and our premises.
We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide information on our products and services. From time to time we would like to contact you with details of the products and services we provide.
Email: If you do not want to receive these communications please click the link displayed in the footer of the email to update your preferences or to unsubscribe completely. Alternatively you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post: If you do not want us to contact you by post please contact us directly at email@example.com.
Telephone: If you do not want us to contact you by telephone please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or tell us when we call you.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information when we have a legitimate interest in doing so such as to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (“the James Walker Group”). We may disclose your personal information to third parties...
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If all or substantially all of the assets of any company within the James Walker Group are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please email your request to email@example.com.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have a number of other rights relating to the processing of your data, if you would like to use them then please email us at email@example.com. We won't charge you for doing any of the following, and not all of these rights apply in all circumstances, however we may make a charge in the case of frequent repeat requests:
- Access: You have right to a copy of the data we hold about you.
- Rectification: If you think some of the data we hold is wrong then you have the right to ask us to correct it.
- Erasure: You have the right to ask us to delete the data we hold about you. Where we are holding the data to fulfil a contract with you then we will need to retain the data in accordance with the data retention requirements shown below.
- Restriction: You have the right to ask us to temporarily cease processing your data, for example you can ask us to restrict processing whilst we verify corrections which you have requested.
- Awareness: You have the right to be fully informed about why and how we process your information. This privacy notice is intended to meet that requirement, but please do contact us if you have any questions.
- Object: You can object to us processing your data at any time, for example by unsubscribing from direct marketing messages. We will let you know if we uphold your decision or our reasons for not doing so.
- Automated decision making: We don't apply any automated decision making algorithms for the processes covered by this privacy notice.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. We recommend that you check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Making a complaint
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) on their helpline 0303 123 1113 or online at www.ico.org.uk. If you contact the ICO they will normally ask you to contact us first.