The Technical Manager for James Walker RotaBolt will succeed the current incumbent who retires from the business in 2019. You will provide global technical leadership and support for RotaBolt to the James Walker strategic business unit, manufacturing personnel and customers. As the James Walker expert on RotaBolt, you will understand and champion the technical differential, our application case studies, and be responsible for failure investigation and product development.
About the company
James Walker is a global materials engineering specialist working in partnership with blue chip customers across the oil and gas, metallurgical, nuclear, biopharmaceutical, marine propulsion, aerospace and renewable energy industries. With a heritage of innovation built up over 135 years, our business thrives on a culture of technical, operational and service excellence driven by a desire to put our people at the heart of amazing engineering.
About the role
Main duties of this role will include, but are not limited to...
- Providing technical support for enquires to both internal and external customers. This will require occasional customer visits, and work at other James Walker sites as and when required
- Give advice on fastener applications and fitting
- Leading the development and design of new products for specific market applications, working closely with the Production Team to ensure effective productionisation and Sales to ensure commercial viability
- Investigating fastener and bolted joint failures, provide reports and recommend/implement corrective and preventative action, in accordance with the appropriate company procedures
- Training James Walker personnel on RotaBolt products, attributes and application, and to assist and support them in their technical development
- Producing and assisting in the production of technical material and data for the use of James Walker employees, e.g. product application guides etc
- Being a member of the James Walker Technical Executive contributing to the strategic business unit Technical Strategy and Management
The successful candidate must...
- Have an understanding of Fastener/Tension Control Technology
- Have experience in a similar engineering role
- Be able to competently read and create engineering drawings
- Have experience of conducting on-site failure investigations
- Have a strong customer ethos to ensure that the needs of the customer are met
- Be a strong team-player who is also self-motivated and results oriented, and can work independently as required
- Be able to demonstrate excellent commercial and business sense
- Be experienced in making engineering recommendations to customers
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have an insatiable curiosity to take an established product and innovate to deliver a fresh perspective and new offering
Closing Date for applications is 31st January 2019.
For further information regarding this role please contact Mike Eason on +44 1483 746348 or, should you wish to apply, then please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.