Hydraulic Sealing Products
Lionsele® G - for rods & glands
This compact rod/gland seal provides optimum sealing performance combined with smooth operation and low levels of breakout and dynamic friction.
In operation, the rectangular energiser helps to keep leakage to a minimum by evenly supporting the PTFE sleeve, preventing it from twisting or rocking in the housing. Stable fluid film conditions and consistent low friction values are therefore ensured.
In addition, the profile of the PTFE sleeve is designed to control leakage by ensuring that the maximum possible amount of residual fluid film is recovered from the piston rod on the return stroke.
Due to the self-lubricating properties of the seal's running face, and its single acting profile, two seals may be fitted in tandem to provide optimum leakage control without the risk of inter-seal pressure trapping.
- Compact, high performance single-acting seal providing low wear and low maintenance.
- Low dynamic and breakout friction for smooth operation and reduced power consumption.
- Rectangular energiser stabilises sealing element during operation giving optimum fluid retention and seal life.
- Should be used in conjunction with Lionsele® B1 or B2 bearing strips to eliminate metal-to-metal contact and other problems associated with offset shafts.
Systems where instant response and low power consumption are important, and leakage is unacceptable. Examples include: hydraulic cylinders, mobile hydraulics, injection moulding machines, and downstroking presses.
- Maximum operating pressure: 40MPa (5802psi).
- Temperature range (standard materials): -25°C to +120°C (-13°F to +248°F).
- Maximum reciprocating speed: 5.0m/s (984fpm). For higher speeds please consult our Technical Support Team.
Materials of construction
Standard material: medium nitrile (NBR) elastomer.
Special materials: other elastomers to suit operating conditions, including fluoroelastomer (FKM) for high temperature duties.
Standard material: Fluolion® B60 bronze-loaded PTFE.
Special materials: alternative grades of Fluolion® PTFE to suit specific applications.
Standard materials are suitable for use with most mineral-based hydraulic fluids and most fire-resistant fluids of the water/oil or water/glycol types at temperatures up to 120°C (248°F). Also resistant to air, water and most lubricating oils and greases. Where fire-resistant fluids are used, it is essential to advise our Technical Support Team of the type and designation due to the effects that can occur with different grades.
Special materials considerably extend the range of application in terms of temperature, fluid compatibility and abrasion resistance. Please ask our Technical Support Team for further information.
Available in standard materials and sizes to suit housings to BS ISO 7425-2. Other sizes manufactured to order. Fitting instructions are supplied with every seal.