Hydraulic Sealing Products
Lionsele® P - for pistons
Our Lionsele® P is a compact, double-acting seal for piston heads. It has been especially developed to provide optimum sealing capability in conjunction with the lowest possible levels of dynamic and breakout friction.
The seal comprises a PTFE sleeve supported by a rectangular elastomeric energiser. The energiser distributes an even sealing load to the PTFE sleeve (unlike similar products that incorporate 'O' rings) to help minimise leakage.
In operation, the intimate face-to-face contact prevents the sleeve twisting or rocking in the housing. This provides stable fluid film conditions with consistently low friction values.
The sleeve controls leakage by recovering the maximum possible amount of residual fluid film deposited on the cylinder bore. Its chamfered leading edges assist with fluid film recovery, and also reduce the risk of seal damage through extrusion.
- Compact design to suit simple recess grooves.
- Minimal wear.
- Low dynamic and breakout friction for smooth operation with reduced power consumption.
- Rectangular section energiser stabilises the PTFE sealing element during operation to provide optimum fluid film conditions and extended seal life.
- Should be used in conjunction with Lionsele® B1 or B2 bearing strips to eliminate metal-to-metal contact and other problems associated with offset pistons.
Any duties where instant response and low power consumption are required. It is particularly recommended for high frequency/short stroke applications where there is a high risk of unstable fluid film conditions. Examples include: hydraulic cylinders, actuators, servomechanisms, machine tools, measuring instruments, gauge control equipment and earth moving plant.
- Maximum operating pressure: 40MPa (5802psi).
- Temperature range with standard materials: -25°C to +120°C (-13°F to +248°F).
- Maximum surface speed: 5.0m/s (984fpm). For higher speeds please consult our Technical Support Team.
Materials of construction
Standard material: Fluolion® CL - a filled-PTFE material offering exceptional resistance to wear and abrasion.
Special materials: alternative grades of Fluolion® PTFE to suit specific applications.
Standard material: medium nitrile (NBR) elastomer.
Special materials: other elastomers to suit operating conditions, including fluoroelastomer (FKM) for high temperature duties.
Standard materials are suitable for use with most mineral based hydraulic fluids, and most fire-resistant fluids of the water/oil or water/glycol types at temperatures up to 120°C (248°F). Also resistant to air, water and most lubricating oils and greases. Where fire-resistant fluids are used, it is essential to advise our Technical Support Team of the type and designation due the the effects that can occur with different grades.
Special materials considerably extend the range of application in terms of temperature, fluid compatibility and abrasion resistance. Please ask our Technical Support Team for further information.
Available in standard materials and sizes to suit housings to BS ISO 7425-1. Seals to other sizes or in special materials are manufactured to order. Fitting instructions are supplied with every seal.