Hydraulic Sealing Products
Solosele® S - for pistons
Solosele® S is our highly popular unit seal of simple construction, specially designed for use with double-acting split piston heads.
Its durable construction comprises a solid elastomeric core, with integral elements of rubber-proofed cotton fabric on either side. The hard rubberised fabric acts primarily for anti-extrusion purposes, but also fulfils an important role in wear reduction.
- Robust double-acting seal for use on split piston heads.
- Compact unit that needs minimum housing space.
- Recommended for medium-to-heavy duty applications.
- Fully moulded, one piece construction, with integral anti-extrusion elements for long sealing life.
- Should be used in conjunction with Lionsele® B1 or B2 bearing strips to eliminate metal-to-metal contact and other problems associated with offset pistons.
Split-type piston heads in double-acting hydraulic applications of medium-to-heavy duty - especially where space is at a premium.
- Maximum operating pressure: 42MPa (6092psi).
- Temperature range (standard materials): -20°C to +120°C (-4°F to +248°F).
- Temperature limits (special materials): down to -45°C (-49°F) with low nitrile (NBR); or up to +200°C (+392°F) with fluorocarbon (FKM).
- Maximum surface speed: 0.5m/s (98.4fpm). For higher speeds please consult our Technical Services Team.
Materials of construction
Standard material: medium nitrile (NBR).
Special materials: low nitrile (NBR), or fluorocarbon (FKM).
Standard material: cotton fabric proofed with a blend of synthetic rubbers.
Special materials: cotton fabric proofed with a blend of synthetic rubbers for use with a seal core of low nitrile (NBR). Fabric proofed with fluorocarbon (FKM) for use with seal core of fluorocarbon (FKM).
Standard materials are suitable for use with most mineral based hydraulic fluids and most fire-resistant fluids of the water/oil or water/glycol types at temperatures up to 120°C (248°F). They also resist air, water, and most lubricating oils and greases.
Special materials extend considerably the range of application in terms of temperature and fluid compatibility. Please consult our Technical Support Team.
In endless form for high integrity sealing. Readily available in standard materials to fit BS ISO 5597 - Medium (L2) axial length series housings. In addition, we hold a substantial library of existing mould tools for non-standard metric and inch sizes in our standard materials.
Seals of other non-standard sizes - or in special materials - are manufactured to order, but tooling charges may be incurred.
Fitting instructions are supplied with every seal.