Hydraulic Sealing Products
Lionsele® B1 is our bearing strip with a very low coefficient of friction for high speed duties. This tape-type bearing material is used within a hydraulic system where relative movement needs to be accommodated between two metallic surfaces.
This plain rectangular bearing strip of bronze-loaded PTFE provides cost-effective and easy-to-use alternative to traditional materials such as phosphor-bronze or lead.
- Self-lubricating to provide low dynamic and breakout friction.
- Suitable for high speed applications.
- High fatigue strength material for long service life and reduced downtime.
- Dampens mechanical vibrations.
- Versatile and easy to assemble.
Often used in conjunction with compact-type piston head seals in hydraulic systems to eliminate metal-to-metal contact and other problems associated with offset pistons.
- Maximum bearing stress at RT (static duty): 25MPa (3626psi).
- Maximum bearing stress at RT (dynamic duty): 12MPa (1740psi).
- Temperature range: -60°C to +150°C (-76°F to +302°F); or up to +200°C (+392°F) with severely restricted load carrying capacity on dynamic duties.
- Maximum recommended relative velocity: 5.0m/s (984fpm).
Materials of construction
Chemically compatible with commonly used hydraulic fluids. (If in doubt, please consult our Technical Support Team).
For bearing selection technical data, please refer to our Hydraulic Sealing Guide, or contact your nearest James Walker office.
In length form, by the metre, to suit BS ISO 10776 housing widths and radial sections. Also precision manufactured to order as machined split or machined endless bearings. Fitting instructions are supplied with each pack.