Hydraulic Sealing Products
Lionsele® B2 bearing strip has a low coefficient of friction. This tape-type bearing material is used within a hydraulic system when relative movement needs to be accommodated between two metallic surfaces.
The plain rectangular bearing strip of synthetic fabric impregnated with thermosetting resin provides a cost-effective and easy-to-use alternative to traditional materials such as phosphor-bronze or lead.
- Self-lubricating to provide low dynamic and breakout friction.
- High resistance to wear.
- Suitable for heavy-duty applications.
- High strength material that offers long life and damping of mechanical vibrations to reduce plant downtime.
- Versatile and easy to assemble.
Often used in conjunction with compact-type piston head seals in hydraulic systems to eliminate metal-to-metal contact and other problems associated with offset pistons.
- Maximum bearing stress at RT (static duty): 400MPa (58,015psi)
- Maximum bearing stress at RT (dynamic duty): 90MPa (13, 053psi).
- Temperature range: -60°C to +100°C (-76°F to 212°F); or up to +130°C (+266°F) with severely restricted load carrying capacity on dynamic duties.
- Maximum recommended relative velocity: 1.0m/s (196.9fpm).
Materials of construction
Synthetic fabric impregnated with thermosetting resin.
Chemically compatible with commonly used hydraulic fluids. (If in doubt, please consult our Technical Support Team).
For bearing selection technical data, please refer to our Hydraulic Sealing Guide, or contact your nearest James Walker office.
In length form by the metre, to suit BS ISO 10766 housing widths and radial sections. Also precision manufactured to order as machined split or machined endless bearings. Fitting instructions are supplied with each pack.