Walkersele OSJ is James Walker's highly successful technique for the On-Site Joining of split-type Walkersele radial lip seals.
For many years, on-site vulcanising was the only answer to split-seal assemblies where leakage was unacceptable. But this process could prove expensive, as it needed a high level of skill and elaborate jigs. So we developed Walkersele OSJ.
Since the introduction of Walkersele OSJ in 1992, rotary seal replacement has come 'full circle' to form a full circle again.
The many benefits of Walkersele OSJ include:
- High performance - installed units provide the sealing performance of high-integrity endless Walkerseles.
- Wordwide proven - on marine propulsion systems, gearboxes, wind turbines, power stations, rolling mills, sugar refineries, etc...
- Cost effective maintenance - the performance and integrity of an endless-type seal is achieved without major plant strip-down and without exspensive on-site vulcanising.
In consultation with longterm OSJ customers, we have modified the seal joint design and the installation kit to make it easier and more efficient to use under arduous maintenance conditions.
The latest Walkersele OSJ-2 now offers:
- New improved joining design.
- Precision 'twin-peg' locating system.
- Easier to handle.
- Stronger hold.
- Redesigned jig to provide a more positive location of seal joint.
- Improved temperature indicator.
Profiles: Walkersele OSJ-2 is supplied in all Walkersele® designs that incorporate seal backs moulded from rubberised fabric. These are Walkerseles D6, D6/DL, D7, D8, D5, D1 and D1/DL.
Materials: Walkersele OSJ-2 is supplied in three elastomer types: nitrile (NBR); hydrogenated nitrile (HNBR) including our reformulated-HNBR grades; and fluorocarbon (FKM).
Temperature limit: This is dependent on the seal material. However, it should be noted that the bonding technique imposes an upper limit of 150°C on the seal.
Sizes: Seals are readily supplied for shaft diameters from 60mm to 1000mm. When considering diameters outside this range, please contact our Technical Services Team for advice.
Performance envelope: Please discuss exact details of media compatibility, pressure, temperature and surface speed with our Technical Services Team, before placing an order, if you need further guidance.