Hydraulic Sealing Products
Fluolion XT is a well tried and tested low-friction PTFE-based material that has been used successfully over many years on composite seals for piston and rod applications.
It is recommended for hydraulic seals used in the most arduous operational conditions within metallurgical plant, including:
- Automatic gauge control (AGC) cylinders.
- Work roll bending plant.
- Other heavy/critical cylinders.
Fluolion XT improves composite seal performance to give you high Value-in-service and savings on Cost of Ownership, due to:
- Hard-wearing PTFE composite construction.
- Low coefficient of friction.
- Suitability for piston and rod/gland seals.
With improved plant performance, as part of James Walker's complete sealing solution, derived from:
- Responsive at low pressure - for full range performance.
- Double and single acting piston designs, with strong or limited guidance systems.
- A range of seal profiles to suit your most exacting application details - all applications covered.
|Glass-filled PTFE: G15*
(15% glass by weight)
|Bronze-filled PTFE: B60
(60% bronze by weight)
|Abrasion resistance**||Good*||Very good||Excellent|
|Density||2.21 g/cm3*||3.8 g/cm3||1.89 g/cm3|
|Hardness||62 Shore D*||69 Shore D||63 Shore D|
|Coefficient of friction
(PTFE to steel)
|* Note: the properties of glass-filled PTFE vary depending on the type of glass used.
** Based on wear rate at room temperature.
Although Fluolion XT is the dynamic part of a composite seal arrangement, overall seal performance also relates to the properties of the elastomeric energiser. Typical performance figures of our composite seals are:
- Temperature range (with NBR energiser): -25°C to +120°C (-13°F to+248°F).
- Temperature range (with FKM energiser): -15°C to +200°C (+5°F to +392°F).
- Speed (maximum): 5.0 m/s (984 fpm).
- Pressure (maximum): 40 MPa (5802 psi).
For applications where higher pressure, temperature or speed performance is required, please consult our Technical Support Team for recommendations.
Fluolion XT is supplied to order as the low-friction sealing element in high performance composite seals.