Hydraulic Sealing Products
Solosele® SW - for pistons
Solosele® SW is designed primarily for medium-to-heavy duty applications. It is well proven on double-acting split pistons where larger clearances must be accommodated.
The robust and durable construction of Solosele® SW is based on a solid nitrile (NBR) elastomer core that incorporates synthetic-rubber proofed cotton fabric elements on either side, plus thermoplastic bearings. The hard rubberised fabric acts as an anti-extrusion element whilst also reducing wear.
The L-section wear/bearing rings of thermoplastic are located at each end of the seal. These support the piston and prevent it making contact with the cylinder bore under side loads, obviating the need for bearing strips. They also reduce extrusion damage.
- Robust double-acting seal for use on split-type piston heads.
- Recommended for medium-to-heavy duty applications.
- Fully moulded sealing element with integral anti-extrusion elements to reduce seal wear and extend working life.
- Rigid thermoplastic wear/bearing rings allow for larger clearances, and prolong seal life under side loads.
- Eliminates the need for bearing strips, thus reducing housing sizes.
Split piston heads in double-acting hydraulic applications of medium-to-heavy duty. The compact design of this seal recommends it for applications where space is at at premium, especially under side loads and where clearances are large.
- Temperature range (standard materials): -20°C to +100°C (-4°F to +212°F).
- Temperature limits (special materials): down to -45°C (-49°F) with low nitrile (NBR); or up to +200°C (+392°F) with fluorocarbon (FKM).
- Maximum surface speed: 0.5m/s (98.4fpm). For higher speeds please contact our Technical Support Team.
Materials of construction
Standard material: medium nitrile (NBR).
Special materials: low nitrile (NBR), or fluorocarbon (FKM).
Standard material: cotton fabric proofed with a blend of synthetic rubbers.
Special materials: cotton fabric proofed with a blend of synthetic rubber for use with low nitrile (NBR). Fabric proofed with fluorocarbon (FKM) for use with seal core of fluorocarbon (FKM).
Standard material: thermoplastic.
Standard materials are suitable for use with most mineral-based hydraulic fluids and most fire-resistant fluids of the water/oil emulsion or water/glycol types at temperatures up to 100°C (212°F). They also resist air, water and most lubricating oils and greases.
Special materials extend considerably the range of applications in terms of temperature and fluid compatibility. Please consult our Technical Support Team.
Readily available in standard materials to fit popular housing sizes. In addition, we hold a substantial library of mould tools for non-standard metric and inch sizes in our standard materials. Seals of non-standard sizes - or in special materials - are manufactured to order, but tooling charges may be incurred. Fitting instructions are supplied with every seal.