Elastomers - Specification Grades
We process and/or supply many Specification Grades of elastomer as sheet joinings, precision cut gaskets, moulded components and extrusions. In addition to those outlined in this section, we have numerous other Specification Grades that meet specific customer and industry requirements.
Butyl rubber - Specification Grades
Butyl rubber IIR
- Isobutylene-isoprene (IIR), generally know as butyl rubber.
- Very low gas permeability.
- Suitable for vacuum and high pressure gas applications.
Chloroprene (Neoprene) - Specification Grades
- General purpose elastomer, usually known as neoprene.
- Suitable for use with many media.
- Largely unaffected by sunlight and atmospheric ageing.
DuPont™ Kalrez® perfluoroelastomer - Specification Grades
DuPont™ Kalrez® perfluoroelastomer FFKM
- Combines the resilience and sealing ability of rubber
- With almost universal chemical resistance.
- Temperature capabilities up to 316°C.
Ethylene Propylene - Specification Grades
Ethylene propylene EPDM (terpolymer)
- Excellent resistance to water and steam.
- Excellent resistance to weathering and ozone.
Fluoroelastomer - Specification Grades
Fluoroelastomer FKM (dipolymer)
- Operate efficiently under severe chemical conditions.
- Work at higher temperatures where many other seal materials cannot survive.
Fluorosilicone rubber - Specification Grades
Fluorosilicone rubber FMQ
- Resists mineral and synthetic oils.
- Used in defence and aerospace duties where resistance is needed to fuels and hydraulic fluids.
Natural rubber - Specification Grades
Natural rubber NR
- High strength with good abrasion resistance.
- Suitable for use with hot/cold water, ammonia, ethylene glycol, dilute acids and alkalis.
Nitrile rubber - Specification Grades
Nitrile rubber NBR
- For service with all types of oils
- Plus mineral- or water/glycol-based hydraulic fluids.
Silicone rubber - Specification Grades
Silicone VMQ, MQ
- Good resistance to heat, weathering and compression set.
- Excellent electrical properties.