Products & Services
Ring Type Joints
Manufactured in the UK by API-licensee James Walker Moorflex, these metal seals conform to both ASME and API standards. Products include R, RX and BX ring joints, as well as lens, convex, wedge, double-cone and weld ring metal gaskets.
Moorside® ring joint gaskets are precision manufactured metal ring joints predominantly used in high pressure oilfield applications and for processing industry duties. They are manufactured in the UK.
James Walker Moorflex is licensed by the American Petroleum Institute to apply the API monogram to gaskets in accordance with API 6A PSL4. It was first registered in 1963.
Available to API 6A (oilfield use) and ASME B16.20 (general use) standards to fit ASME, BS and DIN flanges.
- R type (oval and octagonal) solid sections to fit standard ring joint flanges with trapezoidal grooves.
- Types RX and BX with complex bevelled edge sections for wellhead pressures exceeding 70MPa/700bar.
- Soft iron.
- Low carbon steel.
- Alloy steels: F5, 410.
- Stainless steels: 304, 304L, 316, 316L, 321, 347.
Non standard materials
- High nickel alloys.
- Super alloy steels.
- Other stainless steel grades.
- PTFE inner rings - for siting in the cavity between flange bore and ring joint to reduce turbulence and flange corrosion.
- Neoprene sponge flange guard protectors - for fitting externally to ring joint gasket to minimise ingress of moisture and dirt.
How supplied All sizes and materials to the standards listed, and specials to customer specification.
James Walker has long been committed to the provision of highly-engineered sealing solutions for the exploration and production of oil and gas. Our world-leading position with RGD-resistant elastomers and seals, that work at extremes at temperature, is proof of our R&D expertise, manufacturing excellence and supply capabilities.