DuPont Kalrez® 6221 & 6230
DuPont™ Kalrez® 6221 and 6230 are perfluoroelastomers (FFKM) grades that are compounded specifically to meet the stringent requirements of the pharmaceutical and bioprocessing industries.
James Walker is authorised distributor in the UK, Ireland and France for the supply and technical support of sealing and fluid handling items made of DuPont™ Kalrez® perfluoroelastomers.
Prime features of DuPont™ Kalrez® 6221 & 6230
- Recommended for high-purity applications in the pharmaceutical, bioprocessing and food-processing industries.
- These materials combine the resilience and fluid sealing ability of rubber with almost universal chemical resistance.
- Thermally stable up to 260°C (500°F), which permits their use in applications such as Stage II sterilisation.
- Low contamination from extractables.
Specifications (both grades)
- Compliant to FDA 21 CFR 177.2600.
- Tested and certificated to USP Class VI.
Chemical compatibility (both grades)
- Almost universal chemical resistance.
- Resistant to aggressive water (WFI) and other critical systems.
- Resistant to SIP sterilisation systems.
- Resistant to strong cleaning agents used in CIP systems.
Standard components - including 'O' rings, flange gaskets and diaphragms - to any size, shape, international standard, and quantity. Also complex custom mouldings. Full materials traceability provided for all items.
We are also willing to partner with equipment manufacturers in the pharmaceutical and bioprocessing sectors to develop, prototype and evaluate specific components for custom applications.