Gaskets and Sheet Jointings
Teadit 25BI is a multi-directionally expanded gasket tape, produced by Teadit International from 100% pure PTFE, and supplied with an adhesive backing. It is white in colour.
A special manufacturing process results in almost equal tensile strength in both the longitudinal and cross direction. As a result, the material resists spread under compression - in contrast to normal expanded PTFE tapes. This means the product is extremely well suited for narrow sealing areas and in all applications where a defined gasket width (under load) is required.
Flanges with irregularities on sealing surfaces, and stress-sensitive joints. Enamelled and glass flanges, large flanges, heat exchangers, pressure vessels, suction filters and strainers, etc.
- Quick and simple installation, with no pofile cutting or hole punching required.
- Easy to remove without leaving any residue.
- Excellent malleability for overcoming minor damage and irregularities on sealing faces.
- Reduces material wastage - no off-cuts.
- Chemically resistant to most media in the range pH 0-14. Exceptions include molten alkali metals and elemental fluorine at high tempoerature and pressure.
- TA-Luft to VDI 2440.
- Conforms to FDA 21 CFR 177.1550 (PTFE tape).
- Conforms to FDA 21 CFR 175.105 (adhesive).
- Operating temperature (maximum): +260°C; with short excursions to +310°C.
- Operating temperature (minimum): -240°C
- Pressure range: Vacuum to 20 MPa/200 bar.
How it is supplied
Spools of tape with adhesive backing. Thicknesses: 2 mm, 3 mm, 6 mm, 9 mm. Widths from 10 mm to 65 mm depending on thickness.