Gaskets and Sheet Jointings
Fluolion 200 is a gasket sheet jointing produced from 100% pure, multi-directionally expanded PTFE.
Key product features
- Multi-directionally expanded PTFE gasket sheet jointing for a wide range of applications. It is suitable for all types of flanges, nearly all media, a wide temperature range and even for applications with the toughest demands on purity. It is inherently clean and non-toxic.
- The compressed gasket of multi-directionally expanded PTFE has exceptional mechanical strength which enables operation with less creep at higher temperatures than other types of PTFE sheet.
- The excellent malleability of Fluolion 200 makes repairing of small damage marks and/or irregularities of the sealing area (flange surface) unnecessary.
- Gaskets cut from Fluolion 200 are dimensionally stable. This allows narrow flange faces to be sealed safely without causing turbulence in the flow of the media.
- Fluolion 200 gaskets are quick and simple to install. A used gasket can be removed easily without leaving residue.
- Colour: white.
- Temperature range: -268°C up to +260°C.
- Operating pressure: from vacuum up to 20 MPa/200 bar.
- Ageing: Fluolion 200 has high resistance to ageing effects.
- Chemical resistance: chemically inert against most substances (pH 0-14), including the most aggressive acids and lyes. The main exceptions are molten alkali metals and elemental fluorine at high temperature and pressure.
- Approvals: Compliance to EU and US FDA regulations for food and pharmaceutical use. TAT certified to Shell MESC SPE 85/300 - 3.3.2
Because of the excellent thermal and chemical resistance of Fluolion 200 it can be used in a wide variety of static applications in nearly every industrial sector. The exceptional malleability of expanded PTFE can compensate for out-of-parallel and/or damaged sealing surfaces. This allows use with stress sensitive connections and applications where only a limited flange load is available, e.g., plastic flanges, glass flanges, etc. Typical applications are the sealing of flanges, pump housings, compressors, hand-holes and manholes, air ducts, compensators, heat exchangers and many more.
How it is supplied
Sheets and cut gaskets to a maximum size of 1500 mm x 1500 mm in the following thicknesses; 0.5 mm, 1 mm, 1.5 mm, 2 mm, 3 mm, 4 mm, 5 mm and 6 mm.