Gaskets and Sheet Jointings
Fluolion 200 is a gasket sheet jointing produced from 100% pure, multi-directionally expanded PTFE.
Key product features
- Multi-directionally expanded PTFE gasket sheet jointing for a wide range of applications. It is suitable for all types of flanges, nearly all media, a wide temperature range and even for applications with the toughest demands on purity. It is inherently clean and non-toxic.
- The compressed gasket of multi-directionally expanded PTFE has exceptional mechanical strength which enables operation with less creep at higher temperatures than other types of PTFE sheet.
- The excellent malleability of Fluolion 200 makes repairing of small damage marks and/or irregularities of the sealing area (flange surface) unnecessary.
- Gaskets cut from Fluolion 200 are dimensionally stable. This allows narrow flange faces to be sealed safely without causing turbulence in the flow of the media.
- Fluolion 200 gaskets are quick and simple to install. A used gasket can be removed easily without leaving residue.
- Colour: white.
- Temperature range: -268°C up to +260°C.
- Operating pressure: from vacuum up to 20 MPa/200 bar.
- Ageing: Fluolion 200 has high resistance to ageing effects.
- Chemical resistance: chemically inert against most substances (pH 0-14), including the most aggressive acids and lyes. The main exceptions are molten alkali metals and elemental fluorine at high temperature and pressure.
Because of the excellent thermal and chemical resistance of Fluolion 200 it can be used in a wide variety of static applications in nearly every industrial sector. The exceptional malleability of expanded PTFE can compensate for out-of-parallel and/or damaged sealing surfaces. This allows use with stress sensitive connections and applications where only a limited flange load is available, e.g., plastic flanges, glass flanges, etc. Typical applications are the sealing of flanges, pump housings, compressors, hand-holes and manholes, air ducts, compensators, heat exchangers and many more.
How it is supplied
Sheets and cut gaskets to a maximum size of 1500 mm x 1500 mm in the following thicknesses; 0.5 mm, 1 mm, 1.5 mm, 2 mm, 3 mm, 4 mm, 5 mm and 6 mm.