Gaskets and Sheet Jointings
Premium quality, medium hardness cork-elastomer jointing, based on nitrile rubber, that meets ABB specification for transformers and switchgear.
Previously designated Nebar® N80.
Recommended maximum system pressure is 0.5Mpa/5bar. May be used for higher pressures in consultation with James Walker Technical Support Team.
- Suitable for a wide range of duties.
- Used extensively in automotive, engineering and electrical industries.
- +110°C maximum operating temperature in liquids.
- Retains flexibility down to -25°C.
- Meets ABB specifications for transformers and switchgear.
- Complies with ASTM F104 line call out F225000M2.
Suitable for use with air, water, alcohols, fuel and diesel oils, mineral and synthetic lubricating oils, mineral hydraulic fluids, water/glycol, ASTM Oil No 1, IRM903 oil, ASTM Fuel A, BS 148 Transformer Oil.
(Tested to ASTM F104 procedures)
Hardness, IRHD 70 to 75 (ASTM D1415)
Tensile strength, MPa minimum: 1.75 (ASTM F152B)
Compressibility @ 2.8N/mm², %: 20 to 30 (ASTM F36B)
Recovery, minimum %: 80 (ASTM F36B)
Fluid resistance, % volume change in:
ASTM Oil No 1, 72h @ 100°C: -2 to +10 (ASTM F146)
IRM903, 72h @ 100°C: -2 to +15 (ASTM F146)
ASTM Fuel A, 22h @ ambient: -2 to +10 (ASTM F146)
BS 148 Transformer Oil, 14 days @ 90°C: +2.4 (ASTM F146)
Dow Corning 561 Transformer Fluid: -5 (Non-ASTM test)
Precision cut gaskets to any shape, size and quantity. In sheets 1.2m x 0.9m. Thicknesses 1.5mm, 3mm, 5mm, 6mm.