The complete performance package for critical applications.
Supagraf is our graphite-based range of compression packings designed to meet the critical, high performance sealing demands of oxygen service and fugitive emissions control applications.
Supagraf delivers proven performance to the most exacting standards:
- API 622
- ISO 15848-1 Class AH CO3
- ISO 15848-1 Class BH CC3
- TA Luft Rev07.2002
- Shell Spec SPE 77/312 Class A
- Shell Spec SPE 77/312 Class B
- API 607 Edition 4 fire safety
- Shell MESC SPE 85/204
One of our top-of-the-range fugitive emission control packings for valves. It is a ‘best available technique’ product for reducing industry’s VOC fugitive emissions in line with the European Union’s IPPC Directive. In third-party tests to API 622 it produced an average emission level of 10.5ppmV. This cost-effective, length-form packing is manufactured in exfoliated high purity 98% graphite, reinforced in a novel way to provide additional strength and resistance to pressure and extrusion. It incorporates an advanced lubricant system that prevents the pick-up of graphite on valve stems.
- Third-party verified emission control performance
- Came top of its class in independent tests run on behalf of the CAPI Group (Akzo Nobel, Shell, Dow and DSM)
- Suitable for both rotary and rising-stem valves
- Low friction action without graphite pick-up
Designed for harsh operating conditions where fugitive emissions from all types of valves need to be reduced to well below 50ppm. It is well proven and widely used in systems handling fluid media such as hydrocarbon liquid fuels and gases, lubricating oils and processing chemicals.
An innovative compression packing that provides long-term, high integrity sealing for control valves. Its very low friction enhances the control accuracy of valves. This is a 'best available technique' product for reducing industry's VOC fugitive emissions in line with the European Union's IPPC Directive. It is manufactured in exfoliated graphite, reinforced in a novel way with a non-metallic structure to provide additional strength and resistance to pressure and extrusion. An advanced lubricant system is incorporated to prevent the pick-up of graphite on valve stems.
- High integrity gland sealing for control valve stems: to well below 50ppm fugitive emission level
- Long-term adjustment-free operation: over 100,000 stem strokes with emission levels below 500ppmV
- Very low coefficient of friction for smooth and accurate valve action
- Reduced friction requirement to save on power consumption and enable smaller actuators to be used
- Certificated by TUV-Nord to TA Luft/VDI 2440
Designed for emission control - to better than 50ppmV leak tightness - on control valves in systems handling fluid media such as hydrocarbon liquid fuels and gases, lubricating oils and hazardous process chemicals. It is a long-term replacement for the PTFE V-type packings that can be readily damaged by ingress of dirt and other foreign particles to the gland area.
A superior combination packing set for valves. It is based on two class-leading graphite products.
End rings: Braided high purity 98% graphite filament packing for high strength and extrusion resistance with excellent sealability, plus third-party certification to TA Luft emission control requirements. These rings conform to Shell material specification MESC SPE 85/204.
Intermediate rings: Special moulded rings of high purity graphite foil, that offer low friction and excellent heat transfer characteristics, plus high efficiency sealing. These rings conform to Shell material specification MESC SPE 85/203.
- Reduced valve stem shudder and hesitation
- Low break-out friction
- Long working life with minimal maintenance
Typical applications are stop valves and control valves performing arduous duties with media such as hydrocarbon liquid fuels and gases. Most applications require VOC fugitive emission control to 100ppm or better, with a maximum working temperature of up to +450°C (+842°F).
Developed specifically for valve services with gaseous and liquid oxygen, to provide safe operation and low emission rates. This valve stem packing is manufactured in a clean room environment, from yarn to finished product. It comprises high purity flexible graphite yarn treated with oxidation inhibitors. The yarns are individually reinforced with Inconel® 600 wire mesh.
- Oxygen service capabilities as stated in BAM report 16028840 E
- Conforms to Shell material specification MESC SPE 85/204
- Listed by name in the Shell MESC SPE 77/303 specification
Typical applications are valves handling gaseous or liquid oxygen. For applications involving media other than oxygen. It is NOT suitable for use with control valves where fine adjustment is required, as this is a dry product that does not contain
a lubricant package.
Looking for something in particular...
Our compression packing product guide and quick reference chart are designed to help you find what you need. However if you are unsure which route to take then contact our experts for a recommendation.