James Walker has been in the business of fluid sealing and control since the company’s founding in 1882. From our earliest products and throughout our history the company has developed sealing solutions and components in parallel with advances in valve technology. As a result, we have amassed specialised and unrivalled knowledge of applications across a very broad range of industries.
Customers around the world rely on James Walker to help keep their valves operating efficiently and safely day-in and day-out. We have an extensive range of world-class products and services which meet or exceed the required international standards in reducing volatile organic compound (VOC) fugitive emissions from valves, pipelines, processing plant and pressure vessels. James Walker’s commitment to constantly advancing materials technology, product design and manufacturing techniques provides valve sealing solutions no matter the requirement.
- World-beating fugitive emission control
- State-of-the-art materials to traditional ‘natural’ yarns, many developed in-house
- Materials suited to the most abrasive and chemically aggressive environments
- Products tolerant of poor mechanical conditions
High-Performance Engineered Thermoplastics
- Proprietary materials developed specifically for high temperature and high pressure applications
- Available with Positive Material Identification (PMI) to protect against lower performance imitations
- Devlon V-API widely specified by major valve manufacturers worldwide
High Performance Elastomers
- Proven in the most challenging environments
- Backed by state-of-the-art test facilities and James Walker expertise
- Chemical and RGD resistance for operation in harsh applications
- Shell TAT and NORSOK approvals
- Metallic and semi-metallic gaskets offering versatility in flange sealing
- Isolation gaskets covering the widest possible performance envelope, including Shell TAT approval
- Precision-cut CNAF, PTFE and graphite gaskets produced to any size, shape and quantity
Spring-energised PTFE Lip Seals
- For temperatures ranging from -260°C to +300°C
- Excellent resistance to corrosive media
- Efficient dynamic operation after long static periods
- OEM and maintenance requirements are easily met by option of stockholding with no expiration
Tension Control Bolting
- Allows accurate measurement for the correct tension to be achieved, maintained and monitored
- Integrity of the bolt is assured to give peace of mind in the most critical applications
- Flange Management Service ensures leak free bolted connections from turnaround to turnaround
Looking for something in particular...
Our valve product guide and Global Connexions newsletter are designed to help you find what you need. However if you are unsure which route to take then contact our experts for a recommendation.