Elast-O-Pure® SIL70 Translucent
Elast-O-Pure® SIL70 Translucent is a platinum-cured grade of silicone (VMQ) elastomer that has been developed by James Walker to meet the stringent requirements of the pharmaceutical and bioprocessing sectors.
Silicone elastomer does not readily support microbiological growth. It is therefore ideal for use in clean environments and the manufacture of medical devices.
Elast-O-Pure® SIL70 Translucent is available in a hardness grade of 70 IRHD, making it suitable for a wide variety of fluid sealing duties, including 'O' rings and hygienic clamp seals.
Independently tested in accordance with, and certificated to United States Pharmacopeia (USP) Class VI. Full reports of testing against the various aspects of compliance are available to customers on request.
- Compliant with FDA 21 CFR 177.2600.
- ADI-free material (no Animal Derived Ingredients).
- Non-toxic and low taint.
- High temperature resistance - up to 200°C (392°F) constant with dry heat.
- Low levels of the extractables that can leach from material to promote contamination in a pharmaceurical process.
- Excellent resistance to steam. Ideal for sterilisation with SIP systems at up to 130°C (266°F).
- Excellent chemical resistance, including acid and alkali cleaners used in CIP systems.
- Resistant to aggressive water in WFI systems at up to 80°C (176°F).
- Excellent release properties from stainless steel after prolonged contact at elevated temperatures.
Typical properties of Elast-O-Pure® SIL70 Translucent
Hardness: 73 IRHD
Tensile strength: 9.6MPa (1392psi)
Elongation at break: 600%
Compression set, 24 hours @ 100°C (212°F): 6.5%
Compression set, 24 hours @ 125°C (257°F) typical autoclave temperature: 7.5%
Tear strength: 65N/mm (371lb/in)
Elast-O-Pure® SIL70 Translucent is supplied as standard components - incuding 'O' rings, hygienic clamp seals and precision-cut gaskets - to any size, shape and international standard, as well as in sheet form. Complex custom shapes are manufactured by precision moulding. Full materials traceability is provided for all items.
We are also willing to partner with equipment manufacturers in the pharmaceutical and bioprocessing sectors to develop, prototype, and evaluate materials and/or specific components for custom applications.