More than just an apprentice scheme - an opportunity to join a global business...
- Introduction to the world of work and earning whilst you learn
- Wide range of opportunities in engineering, manufacturing and business administration
- Mentoring by experienced personnel
- Support to pursue further qualifications
- Wide range of career opportunities in a global business
- Development of employability skills
James Walker is committed to expanding its skilled workforce through a strong and progressive apprenticeship scheme across all areas of the business. It is all about investing for the future, providing young people with practical, hands-on training in a working environment, whilst supporting them in their pursuit of formal recognised qualifications.
At the end of the programme we see individuals who have developed into fully skilled, competent, qualified professionals and are valued members of our workforce.
An opportunity has arisen for someone to complete a Toolmaker Apprenticeship. Toolmakers are skilled workers who make the precision tools that are used in manufacturing to create products and parts in metal, plastic and other materials of all shapes and sizes. A toolmaker doesn’t just make the tools; they also improve them so that production processes can be as efficient as possible, so attention to detail, quality and continuous improvement are an essential part of the skillset.