Emissions as low as 5ppmV in ISO 15848 testing.
Equipment leaks from valve glands are considered to account for approximately 50-60% of the fugitive emissions on petrochemical sites. Furthermore, the major proportion of fugitive emissions comes from only a small fraction of the sources. For example, less than 5% of valves in gas/vapour service can account for more than 90% of the fugitive emissions in a refinery.
James Walker has developed two products - Supagraf® Premier and Supagraf® Control - specifically to combat fugitive VOC emissions from valves. These products have proven themselves to be class-leaders in a series of third party fugitive emissions performance tests are best available technique (BAT) products for reducing industry’s fugitive emissions in line with the latest Industrial Emissions Directive.
James Walker fugitive emission control packings have been tested and delivered proven performance to the most exacting industry standards and end-user requirements:
- API 622
- ISO 15848-1 Class AH CO3
- ISO 15848-1 Class BH CC3
- TA Luft Rev07.2002
- Shell Spec SPE 77/312 Class A
- Shell Spec SPE 77/312 Class B
- API 607 Edition 4 fire safety
- Shell MESC SPE 85/204
Third party tested to all known industry standards producing exceptional performance - 8ppmV average emission level in API 622 3rd edition test with no adjustments. This is a cost effective fully braided packing manufactured in exfoliated high purity 98% graphite, reinforced with Inconel wire to provide additional strength and resistance to pressure and extrusion.
- Third party verified emission control performance
- Suitable for both rotary as well as rising-stem valve application
- Ultra-low friction performance without graphite pick-up reducing the torque needed for efficient valve action
- Fire safe capability confirmed by third-party certification according to API 607 Edition 7 Fire Safety/ISO 10497:2010
Designed for harsh operating conditions where fugitive emissions from valves need to be reduced to well below 100 ppm, this packing incorporates a new generation cutting-edge lubrication system that not only helps to prevent the pick-up of graphite on valve stems but also provides ultra-low friction performance with advanced corrosion inhibiting properties.
Supagraf Premier is one of our top-of-the-range fugitive emission control packings for valves. It is a ‘best available technique’ product for reducing industry’s VOC fugitive emissions in line with the European Union’s IPPC Directive. In third-party tests to API 622 it produced an average emission level of 10.5ppmV. This cost-effective, length-form packing is manufactured in exfoliated graphite, reinforced in a novel way to provide additional strength and resistance to pressure and extrusion. It incorporates an advanced lubricant system that prevents the pick-up of graphite on valve stems.
- Third-party verified emission control performance
- Came top of its class in independent tests run on behalf of the CAPI Group (Akzo Nobel, Shell, Dow and DSM)
- Suitable for both rotary and rising-stem valves
- Low friction action without graphite pick-up
Designed for harsh operating conditions where fugitive emissions from all types of valves need to be reduced to well below 50ppmV. It is well proven and widely used in systems handling fluid media such as hydrocarbon liquid fuels and gases, lubricating oils and processing chemicals.
Supagraf Control is an innovative compression packing that provides long-term, high integrity sealing for control valves. Its very low friction enhances the control accuracy of valves. This is a 'best available technique' product for reducing industry's VOC fugitive emissions in line with the European Union's IPPC Directive. It is manufactured in exfoliated graphite, reinforced in a novel way with a non-metallic structure to provide additional strength and resistance to pressure and extrusion. An advanced lubricant system is incorporated to prevent the pick-up of graphite on valve stems.
- High integrity gland sealing for control valve stems: to well below 50ppm fugitive emission level
- Long-term adjustment-free operation: over 100,000 stem strokes with emission levels below 500ppmV
- Very low coefficient of friction for smooth and accurate valve action
- Reduced friction requirement to save on power consumption and enable smaller actuators to be used
- Certificated by TUV-Nord to TA Luft/VDI 2440
Designed for emission control - to better than 50ppmV leak tightness - on control valves in systems handling fluid media such as hydrocarbon liquid fuels and gases, lubricating oils and hazardous process chemicals. It is a long-term replacement for the PTFE V-type packings that can be readily damaged by ingress of dirt and other foreign particles to the gland area.
Looking for something in particular...
Our compression packing product guide and quick reference chart are designed to help you find what you need. However if you are unsure which route to take then contact our experts for a recommendation.