Working in close co-operation with customers, industry bodies and academic institutions, our facilities provide some of the most advanced test regimes outside of actual operational application. This gives our customers the confidence that James Walker products have been fully tested to meet the required application conditions.
With our broad range of engineering resources and expertise we design and build custom test-rigs for many of the projects we undertake.
Some of our testing capabilities include:
- Environmental chambers capable of replicating conditions from -70°C to +180°C and 5 - 95% relative humidity.
- High temperature platens and ancillary equipment allowing tests in excess of 300°C to be achieved.
- High pressure test equipment capable of generating 60,000psi in both gaseous and hydraulic media for static applications.
- Rapid gas decompression rigs - amongst the most advanced in the world.
- Multiple rotary and reciprocating test rigs with a variety of shaft sizes and speeds from gentle oscillation to in excess of 6,000 revolutions per minute.
- Chemical type-approval testing which allows customers the opportunity for third-party witnessed testing of elastomers and polymers in their anticipated chemical environment.
- Facilities to allow gasket characterisation testing to BS EN 13555.
- Fugitive emissions test rig according to API 622.
- Compression and recovery test rig.
- Valve seat and seal testing from -196°C to +350°C at pressures up to 10,000 psi.
- Rotary and reciprocating test rigs for simulation of valve applications from -196°C to +350°C.
- DSC and DMA instruments for material property investigation and QA purposes.
In addition, our expertise allows us to support customer valve qualifications to ISO 15848-1 or TA Luft standards from cryogenic to +400°C.
- World-beating fugitive emission control
- State-of-the-art materials to traditional ‘natural’ yarns, many developed in-house
- Materials suited to the most abrasive and chemically aggressive environments
- Products tolerant of poor mechanical conditions
High-Performance Engineered Thermoplastics
- Proprietary materials developed specifically for high temperature and high pressure applications
- Available with Positive Material Identification (PMI) to protect against lower performance imitations
- Devlon V-API widely specified by major valve manufacturers worldwide
High Performance Elastomers
- Proven in the most challenging environments
- Backed by state-of-the-art test facilities and James Walker expertise
- Chemical and RGD resistance for operation in harsh applications
- Shell TAT and NORSOK approvals
- Metallic and semi-metallic gaskets offering versatility in flange sealing
- Isolation gaskets covering the widest possible performance envelope, including Shell TAT approval
- Precision-cut CNAF, PTFE and graphite gaskets produced to any size, shape and quantity
Spring-energised PTFE Lip Seals
- For temperatures ranging from -260°C to +300°C
- Excellent resistance to corrosive media
- Efficient dynamic operation after long static periods
- OEM and maintenance requirements are easily met by option of stockholding with no expiration
Tension Control Bolting
- Allows accurate measurement for the correct tension to be achieved, maintained and monitored
- Integrity of the bolt is assured to give peace of mind in the most critical applications
- Flange Management Service ensures leak free bolted connections from turnaround to turnaround
Looking for something in particular...
Our valve product guide and Global Connexions newsletter are designed to help you find what you need. However if you are unsure which route to take then contact our experts for a recommendation.